After yoga at home this morning, I was in the mood for something light and fresh, yet still nourishing for breakfast to keep that open yoga glow feeling going into my writing time, rather than diverting all my blood to my digestive system! So I decided on a smoothie. And I wanted to make something new. Which after years of making smoothies isn't the simplest feat to conjure.
I took stock of my ingredients and what I was in the mood for: rich, not overly sweet yet still a little sweet (that time of the month, girls, you know how it is!), filling but not heavy, and pink. Yes, I wanted it to be pink.
Here's what I came up with and WOW, this is now going rank in my top 5 all time favorite smoothies!
Pink Prana Perfection Breakfast SmoothiePrint Recipe
- 1 very small handful of raw almonds
- 2 tbsp of coconut milk milk, not water
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 whole dates pits removed
- 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of pure water + 2 Tbs
- Put everything in the blender EXCEPT the strawberries and cup of water.
- Blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the water and strawberries.
- Blend some more.
- It's done. Savor.