I eat kale 3 to 4 times a week. Sweet potatoes at least twice. Between the two, which are fiber rich, anti-inflammatory, and loaded with nutrients like Vitamins C and A, I feel confident that I'm supporting hormonal, immune, and digestive health. And they're delicious with no shortage of ways they can be prepared. This is one of my all-time favorites, and it's easy, too.
Savory Mexican Roasted Sweet Potato & Curly Kale SaladPrint Recipe
- 4 sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp honey optional
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn omit if you don't tolerate corn
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F Put sweet potatoes onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, and toss in the paprika, salt & pepper. Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until potatoes and soft on the inside and just a little crisp on the outside.
- Remove the stems from the kale and chop the leaves into bite-size pieces. Put into a bowl, add lime juice & a pinch of salt, and then “massage” the kale with your hands for 3 minutes to soften.
- Heat a skillet until hot and add the corn, stirring frequently until slightly brown . Then add it to the kale.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the kale and corn when done.
- Toss it all together and serve.