Kale is loaded with vitamin C, fiber that keeps your elmination healthy, and antioxidant phytochemicals that support your body’s own natural detox processes. it’s easy to prepare and it’s one of my most favorite veggies! Today I am going to teach you kale salad basics: how to massage the kale to get it soft enough so that it’s delicious to eat while it’s raw, and how to make it taste great!
- 1 bunch organic lacinato kale washed and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- Juice of 1 whole lime
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic crushed or finely minced
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Black pepper to taste
- Optional 2 TBSP freshly grated or cubed parmesan cheese
- Once Kale is washed and chopped sprinkle with sea salt and add the olive oil and lemon juice and massage the kale for 5 minutes as demonstrated in the video
- Toast the pine nuts gently for 30 seconds or so (stir them constantly and make sure they don’t burn!)
- Add all the remaining ingredients into your bowl
- Toss, serve and enjoy!
Takes about 15 minutes to prepare and serves 4.