Looking for a new cold-weather salad to enjoy? My daughter made this roasted butternut squash dish and it was SOOOO delicious. Here are the instructions she sent me. She said it was super easy to make.
- Roast cubed butternut squash for 45 minutes in 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Prepare bed of fresh arugula.
- Lay roasted squash over arugula.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of toasted and slivered walnuts over squash and arugula.
- Drizzle dressing over top and sprinkle fresh grated parmesan or pecorino romano over it.
Voila! Recipe for Dressing Good olive oil Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice or orange juice 2 tablespoons cider vinegar 2 tablespoons minced shallots 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard Combine the apple cider/apple juice/orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and shallots in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Take off the heat, whisk in the mustard, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Serve while squash is warm: it will slightly wilt the arugula which is DELICIOUS!