Looking for a new cold-weather salad to enjoy?
Roasted Butternut Squash and Arugula SaladPrint Recipe
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 Roast cubed butternut squash
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh arugula
- 2 tbsp tablespoons of toasted and slivered walnuts
- Fresh grated parmesan or pecorino romano
- Roast cubed butternut squash for 45 minutes in 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Prepare bed of fresh arugula.
- Lay roasted squash over arugula.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of toasted and slivered walnuts over squash and arugula.
- Drizzle dressing over top and sprinkle fresh grated parmesan or pecorino romano over it.
Recipe for Dressing
- Good olive oil Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Combine the apple cider/apple juice/orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and shallots in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Take off the heat, whisk in the mustard, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.