I love creating new recipes. I conjured up this quinoa salad last summer, and it's been a frequent request for summer family dinners since!
Word of warning: Make extra. It's a WOW them crowd pleaser. The leftovers are delicious for a couple of days — but if you don't make extra you won't have leftovers — it'll get gobbled up!
This dish is surprisingly fast and easy to prepare. The whole thing takes about 30 minutes even with the quinoa cooking time.
- Rinse and cook 2 cups of quinoa
- Grill or oven roast 2 large or 3 small bunches of asparagus. To over roast, cut the asparagus into 3rds and toss onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and salt, and bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes
- Toast 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Cut 1 pint of cherry tomatoes in half.
- When the quinoa and asparagus are done, put into a large serving bowl. Add in pine nuts and tomatoes. Then add in 1/3 cup of golden raisins, and optionally, 1/3 cup of cubed feta cheese. (Or go vegan by skipping the feta.)
- Add in plenty of olive oil — even 1/4 cup works for me, a few splashes of red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm, room temp, or cool. Enjoy.
To your health!