Many people in the medical field treat only a disease – not the person. They look at the symptoms, tell you what you have, and move forward with known treatments for that condition. But what if we looked deeper at what was really causing the symptoms? When our bodies are struggling with symptoms, it’s not always as simple as treating a disease. We have to look at what is truly happening in our lives and bodies, to bring the whole into health again. With Hashimoto's, there are some common threads on biological level, but many women have told me that before their thyroid symptoms began, there were other major things going on in their lives.
Let's have a look at what your body might be trying to tell you. Perhaps you'll find some insights that give you perspective and greater self-compassion as you walk your own thyroid healing journey.
We have to look at what is truly happening in our lives and bodies, to bring the whole into health again.
- How our body's speak to us
- The emergency signals that trigger Hashimoto's
- How to tell your body that you’re safe
- The role of sleep in Hashimoto’s
- Why your immune system starts attacking your own cells
- What environmental toxins do to our thyroid
- The connection between Hashimoto’s and being hoarse
- Why thyroid and autoimmune disease are women’s issues
Links and Resources
- Get your copy of The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution
- Read about the health hazards of being a good girl
- Read about how we can reduce our exposure to flame retardants
- Learn about fish contamination from the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the Natural Resources Defense Council