This salad is simple, bright and fresh tasting. It makes an especially refreshing autumn and winter salad, and is super quick to prepare. Walnuts are unique among nuts because they are the only nut to contain large amounts of alpha-linolenic acid, one of the two major types of omega-3 fatty acids. There are even studies showing that regular walnut consumption is associated with lowering bad cholesterol, raising good cholesterol and lowering risk for heart disease. Better brain and a perfect fall-winter salad? Life is good!
- 4 cups pre-washed arugula
- 1 finely chopped apple (Gala, Granny Smith, or your favorite)
- ¼ cup toasted, chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar or 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt or Himalayan salt, pepper to taste
- Optional: 2 tbsp. fresh pomegranate seeds or dried tart cherries or cranberries (unsweetened)
Mix salad ingredients and toss with the dressing.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Like this and want more? The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution has another 45 recipes – and the bonus cookbook you receive with a purchase has dozens more!