If you have Hashimoto’s or hypothyroidism, times of stress can be especially hard on your body. It’s extra important during these times to be careful and caring, giving yourself time to rest, rejuvenate, and nourish.
Today I’m speaking with Dr. Izabella Wentz, who has been a guest on the show before. She just came out with a new book that topped the New York Times Bestseller list called Hashimoto’s Protocol: A 90-Day Plan for Reversing Thyroid Symptoms and Getting Your Life Back, and my bestselling book The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution had come out just prior. Writing and publishing a book can be an incredibly stressful time, with lots of deadlines and pressure, and we both felt that stress. At moments, Izabella explains, she felt her Hashimoto's symptoms coming back as she pushed her health to the limits. But she got it back under control, and today we're both sharing tips to help you do the same during times of stress.
If I’m stressed usually sleep, meditation, and walks in nature are going to be the three things that get me back on track. @DrIzabellaWentz
In this episode we discuss:
- The ups and downs of publishing a book
- What happened that led Izabella’s Hashimoto’s to flare up
- What you can do when you’re going through a high stress time
- The value of asking for help from your community
- How Izabella uses neurofeedback
- Why you have to eat well when you’re under stress
- How to be comfortable asking for help
- The benefits of meditation
- Why you have to step away sometimes
- Why Izabella needs to use thyroid hormone supplement for her thyroid function
- What Izabella finds useful in her thyroid treatment
- The importance of supporting the liver