Who doesn’t love great guacamole? It’s a fantastic snack, it’s incredibly versatile, you can add it to your eggs or scramble in the morning, use it as a dip for veggies in the afternoon or you can add it to your dinners.
All the fats from the avocados are nourishing to your body, they help balance your blood sugar, and they help keep your metabolism revved up. All the other ingredients in the guacamole are also very beneficial to your health as they are known to help fight inflammation, boost your metabolism and help with detoxification!
For even more recipes, grab a copy of my book The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution and my Replenish Cookbook as a free extra gift – there are over 120 recipes between the two books!
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup chopped and de-stemmed cilantro
- 2 TBSP. finely minced red onion (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped ripe tomato (optional)
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Minced hot pepper to taste (Wash hands after cutting pepper)
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise, scoop out the pit, and scoop the avocado into a bowl.
- Mash avocado with a whisk to a smooth and creamy consistency (or you can use a food processor)
- Add all remaining ingredients
- Mash all ingredients together and serve with crunchy veggies, tortilla chips, gluten free crackers, or my personal favorite jicama!