I’m sure that you’ve heard of different detox programs – and perhaps you’ve even tried one. Conventional medicine and wellness ‘quack-busters’ criticize these detoxes, sometimes for good reason – not are all based on solid and safe principles.
But did you know that detoxification is different than the term detox and is a real and important process our bodies do every single day?
Last week I shared about the hazards of environmental toxins in our bodies, and the week before on the possible risks of detoxes and cleanses to your thyroid. In this episode I talk about what detoxification really means, how it works, and why it’s so important to be intentional about it in these times.
The sheer volume of chemicals we’re exposed to every day is so great that it threatens to overload our detoxification systems.
Subscribe to Natural MD Radio on Apple Podcasts or Soundcloud. If you love what you hear, please Share this with your friends, and make sure to leave a review on iTunes so more woman can get health empowered!
- The physical symptoms and health complications can be associated with ‘body burden’
- Pesticides that are related to learning problems in children
- What’s causing early puberty in girls
- How a detox is different from metabolic detoxification
- It is worth the price to eat organic – and how to do it on a budget
- The role of genetics in our detoxification power
- Is Tylenol safe to use during pregnancy and early vaccinations
- The dynamic duo of detoxification and elimination
- The role of intestinal health and the microbiome in detoxification
Links from the Show
- Listen to Natural MD Radio: Can Cleanses And Detoxes Tank Your Thyroid?
- Listen to Natural MD Radio: Detox Is It a Real Thing? Understanding Body Burden
- Listen to Natural MD Radio: MTHFR – What the Bleep is It?
- Get your copy of The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution + Special FREE Gifts!
- Join the waiting list for the 28-Day Gut Reset