If you’re struggling with menstrual cramps, an achy awful period pain feeling, or even mild but annoying monthly pain is making you pop ibuprofen here and there. I’ve got some good news for you. The first is that there’s nothing uniquely wrong with you – about half of all women are struggling along with you. There are reasons for this, which brings me to the second bit of good news. I actually know what those reasons are, and in this podcast I’m going to give you the tools you need so period pain does not have to be your permanent status quo. In fact it can often in as few as three months become a thing of the past.
In today’s episode, I’ll discuss the reasons behind your menstrual pain and give you the tools you need to make period pain a thing of the past. I’ll share simple changes in diet, supplement recommendations, herbal remedies, and lifestyle changes that can have profound effects on reducing or even eliminating menstrual pain.
- What is primary dysmenorrhea?
- What causes menstrual cramps and pain?
- Where does all this inflammation come from?
- Are pharmaceutical solutions for menstrual pain safe?
- What is a Root Cause approach?
- How to avoid endocrine disrupting chemicals
- Coffee, sleep, stress, and your period
- Key diet changes that reduce inflammation and help clear excess estrogen from your system
- Why should you go organic?
- What are the key supplements and herbs for period pain?
- Reframing your relationship with your period
- Read my accompanying blog about dysmenorrhea
- Read my blog about endometriosis
- Meet the Dirty Dozen and Clean 15
- Make better seafood choices with Seafood Watch
- Read my blog about how to get your sleep groove back on
- Read my blog about how to reset your circadian rhythm
- Read beauty product reviews from my friends Kris Carr and Alexandra Jamieson
- Check if your cosmetics are safe with the Environmental Working Group’s Cosmetics Database