Arthritis is the single-most debilitating physical condition worldwide, and while we tend to think of it as an inevitable condition of aging, it is neither inevitable nor related just to aging. In fact, it can be prevented and often reversed, and several forms, particularly autoimmune forms like Rheumatoid, Psoriatic, and Juvenile types are affecting people younger and younger, and as I discuss in my book, The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution, autoimmune disease affects women far more than men.
My guest today is Susan Blum, MD, founder and director of Blum Center for Health, and well-loved functional medicine doctor. In today’s episode, Susan and I take a deep dive into the Root Causes of arthritis, and how we can rethink arthritis not as inevitable, permanent or always requiring a long list of sometimes dangerous medications, but as a condition that is telling us that there is deep inflammation and immune imbalance in the body that needs our attention We take a deep dive into how you can turn this around and begin to feel more free in your body – starting right away.
- What are the different types of arthritis?
- Why more younger people are getting arthritis today
- How gut imbalances can trigger arthritis
- How Dr. Blum looks for root causes in her patients
- How inflammatory fat contributes to arthritis – and what to do about it.
- How to you ask your doctor for the tests you need – and what to do if your doctor says no.
- The best way to eat to reverse inflammation
- 3 lifestyle changes you can make to heal your gut and reduce inflammation – starting today!
- Get your copy of The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution and your free bonus cookbook of low-inflammation, delicious, Mediterranean-style recipes
- Get your copy of Healing Arthritis: Your 3-Step Guide to Conquering Arthritis Naturally
- Connect with Dr. Blum: