Cleanses, detoxes, and fasts are an important part of many cultures, and are certainly having their moment in the sun with an abundance of juice, bone broth, and even coffee enema cleanses to choose from pretty much on any health website you can find. While science has shown us that that certain types of fasting can have merit for some people, not all cleanses and detoxes are equally healthy and nutritionally balanced – and not everyone responds with glowing health.
Listen in to today’s episode where I share a cautionary tale of ‘too much of a (possibly) good thing’– gone wrong – and what to be cautious of when doing a cleanse, fast, or detox, in particular, the potential risks to our thyroid health.
Can fasting, cleansing, and detoxing tank your thyroid? Listen to Natural MD Radio and find out what you need to know.
Subscribe to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts or Soundcloud. If you love what you hear, please Share this with your friends, and make sure to leave a review on iTunes so more woman can get health empowered!
- Are cleanses, detoxes, and fasts ever healthy
- What are some of the health benefits of fasting
- What are the risks of fasting
- Are we confusing healthy with sexy and skinny
- How fasts, cleanses, and detoxes can affect your thyroid
- What is deep nourishment
- Get your copy of The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution + Special FREE Gifts!
- Read 6 Essential Supplements for Your Thyroid and Hashimoto’s
- Join the waiting list for the 28-Day Gut Reset
The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution
Sign up and receive the first chapter FREE