I purchased a bunch of fresh mustard greens and a small basket of shitake mushrooms from the farmer's market today. It's late autumn and both are in abundance. I prepared the following absolutely delicious dish in about 8 minutes including washing the greens and mushrooms.
- 1 bunch of fresh mustard greens chopped (not too small)
- 3 cups of shitake mushrooms sliced in half or quarters depending on their size
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
- Olive oil
- Tamari or sea salt
- Rice wine vinegar
- Saute shitake mushrooms in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chopped fresh mustard greens and chopped garlic.
- Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add a light drizzle of tamari (or a few pinches of salt if you don't use soy) and a very light splash of rice wine or other light vinegar.
- Serve hot.
DELICIOUS and SO HEALTHY! Serves 4 easily, or 2 if you're greedy for greens like I am!