- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBS grated food grade beeswax
- 1 tsp eucalyptus oil
- Small glass jars with lids: either 4-1 oz jars, 2-2 oz jars, or 1-4 oz jar
- Melt 1/4 cup of coconut oil together with 1/4 cup of olive oil and 2 heaping TBS of beeswax on low heat in a small stainless steel of glass pot.
- Stir continuously until the beeswax is completely melted — about 2 minutes or so.
- Remove the hot oil from the burner and add 1 tsp of Eucalyptus essential oil. Stir well.
- Pour into glass jars.
- Let cool to room temperature and store in a cool place — a medicine cabinet, for example.
Paul, I. et al. Vapor Rub, Petrolatum, and No Treatment for Children With Nocturnal Cough and Cold Symptoms. Pediatrics. Vol. 126 No. 6 December 1, 2010 pp. 1092 -1099