Because you deserve to feel like the hormone goddess you are, I’m sharing one of my absolutely favorite and never-before-seen recipes from my new book!
Goddess bowls – my take on “Buddha bowls” – are not only deeply nourishing, but beyond delicious. They are excellent to include during all phases of your cycle, but can be especially helpful through the last week of your menstrual cycle and into your period. The combination of grains and sweet potatoes create the perfect meal when you’re craving carbs and comfort foods and to prevent low mood and PMS-like symptoms. Because this is so satisfying it can help you steer clear from the not so healthy ‘carb' choices during this time.
This bowl also has phenomenal ingredients to support healthy fertility and hormone balance throughout our lives. Seeds are also excellent for cycle health so feel free to get creative with what you add here!
Let me know what you think and enjoy!
Goddess Ova BowlPrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, quinoa, or millet
- 2 cups kale prepared any way
- 1 cup roasted sweet potatoes or delicata squash
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup canned chickpeas OR ¼ cup of Hummus OR sliced hard-boiled egg (or both!)
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sunflower seeds (or ¼ cup sunflower sprouts) OR toasted walnuts
- Dressing: any of your choice
- Layer all of the ingredients in the order listed above.
- For extra protein: Add chicken, tofu, or your choice of fish.