The Goddess Bowl, is 1-bowl meal that can be made vegetarian, with grilled or roasted salmon or basically any baked, grilled, roasted, or poached chicken. Filling and delicious, there are almost endless variations – vegan, vegetarian, and with meat – that always leave you feeling healthy. With a side of pickled vegetables, sauerkraut, or kimchi you've got all the ingredients for sustained energy with a healthy veggie dose.
Classic Macro Goddess Bowl with GF, DF, Vegan, and AIP optionsPrint Recipe
- 1 cup cooked brown pink, black or “forbidden” (yes that's really what it's called!) rice or 1 serving 100% buckwheat soba or organic rice noodles
- 2 cups mixed steamed broccoli and carrots cut into slices
- Vegan: ½ cup cooked canned garbanzos or adzuki beans
- Paleo: 4-6 oz. baked teriyaki or simple grilled salmon or 4-6 oz. satay chicken or 4 oz. satay beef
- Prepare the above ingredients separately and layer into the bowl in the order listed.
- Drizzle with 2-4 tbsp tahini sauce. To prepare the tahini sauce: Blend 1⁄4 cup tahini, 1 clove crushed garlic, 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice or organic rice vinegar, ¼ tsp good quality salt, and 2 tbsp water. Optionally use gluten free tamari or coconut aminos instead of salt, and for extra yum add 2 tsp maple syrup to the blender.
- Optionally, top with a few tablespoons of chopped cilantro and chopped scallions.