This recipe makes a great sweet treat to go with your healthy breakfast when you're wanting a little something-something with it, or a fast afternoon grab with a cup of green tea. The recipe was modified from a perennially popular muffin sold at Haven, a local eatery here in the Berkshires, where I live. It's sure-to-please even those who are skeptical about natural foods – like parents or in-laws – at your next Sunday brunch.
Rise and Shine Muffins Gluten FreePrint Recipe
- Baking cups
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 apple grated
- 2 cups grated carrot
- Optional 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Line a regular sized muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- Mix all ingredients until this very thick batter is evenly moistened.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way.
- Bake 25 minutes until firm and toasty brown colored.
- Cool in the tins and then on a rack.