There’s no doubt about it – antibiotics are a darned good thing. They save lives every day. But are they as safe as they are common? Or have we over-prescribed ourselves right into a potential Zombie apocalypse situation? The answer is sort of – Yes.
In this episode of Natural MD Radio, we dive into one of the largest global public health threats facing us today — antibiotic resistance. The overprescribing of antibiotics to us, and the overuse of antibiotics in the food industry which end up on our plates, has created resistant strains of bacteria that no longer respond to antibiotics that used to effectively treat certain infections.
Tune in to learn why antibiotics get overprescribed, what each of us can do to help stop this trend, and my 8 go-to herbal antibiotic alternatives for common infections.
Antibiotic resistance is now considered one of the largest global public health threats we face.
- The overwhelming data of antibiotic overuse
- Why antibiotics get prescribed so often
- Antibiotics in food
- Often overlooked reactions to antibiotics
- Today’s largest global health threat
- Antibiotics and chronic disease
- Why don’t doctors stop prescribing?
- What you can do to stay healthy without antibiotics
- 8 safe & effective herbal antibiotic alternatives
Links from the Show
- Visit Get Smart by the CDC
- Read my companion article 8 Safe & Effective Herbal Antibiotic Alternatives
- Check out my online course Healthiest Kids
- Get your herbs at Mountain Rose Herbs and at my nonprofit Replenish Formulary