“From the time of birth the microbiome influences the development of our immune system, and when it’s disrupted we run the risk of all manner of inflammatory and allergic conditions.” – Aviva Romm –
Today we’re talking about protecting your baby’s microbiome right from the start. I know this topic is close to the hearts of so many of you, so I want to talk about how you can help your baby from the very beginning. In this episode I focus on the exposures that can put your baby’s microbiome at risk and things you can do to protect your baby during pregnancy, birth, and for your newborn.
- What is the microbiome
- What factors can interfere with a healthy microbiome
- How to protect baby before birth
- The value of taking a probiotic during pregnancy
- What to do if you have to take an antibiotic during pregnancy
- What is Group B Strep
- What to do about the cesarean epidemic
- How to protect baby after birth
- What is vaginal seeding
- Why moms have to stop blaming themselves
- Check out my children’s health programs: Healthy All Year and Allergy Epidemic
- Read my article Protecting Your Baby's Micobiome From the Start
- Read my article Group B Strep in Pregnancy: What’s a Mom to Do?
- Get Klaire Labs' probiotic for infants