This modified recipe from Haven, a local eatery here in the Berkshires, is a sure-to-please breakfast or anytime muffin.
Made a batch last night for this morning’s b-fast but with a buncha’ kids and a Friday night movie –well, let’s just say I had to hide a few so my honey and I would still get breakfast!
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup coconut, walnut, or sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 cup golden raisins1
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 cups grated carrot
- Optional 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°.
Line a regular sized muffin tin with paper baking cups. Mix all ingredients until this very thick batter is evenly moistened. Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way.
Bake 25 minutes until firm and toasty brown colored. Cool in the tins and then on a rack.