Okay, in spite of the title, it’s really not what it sounds like.
The Quickie is THE BEST meditation I’ve ever learned. It can be done anytime, anywhere, and is deeply relaxing, satisfying, and emotionally recalibrating. Think sitting traffic, the holiday dinner table, going into a meeting with your boss where you’re going to ask for a raise, talking with your teenaged daughter…
Here’s the down and dirty on how to do it:
- Sit or stand comfortably, feeling your feet on the floor. If you’re in a place where you can do so safely, close your eyes for this exercise.
- Now take just a few normal breaths in though your nose, out through your mouth.
- On your next inhale, breath in deeply through your nose for a count of 4 while saying to yourself “I AM.”
- Then exhale out deeply through your mouth for a count of 4 while saying to yourself “At Peace”
- Repeat 4 more times, then open your eyes.
- Take a few seconds to feel the difference.
I promise, you’ll feel clearer, more relaxed, and lighter after doing this, and it will get you through many a stressful situation!
Love & peace,