In medical school, your doctor was taught that the secret to weight loss was fewer calories and more exercise. WRONG!
For so many people, weight loss is much more complicated. We know that not all calories are created equal, and that for some people, too much exercise can actually be counterproductive and lead to weight gain. Lastly, we also know that inflammation can be a major factor involved in difficulty losing weight, but also in weight gain.
Joining me this week I’ve got my friend and colleague, celebrity nutrition and fitness expert JJ Virgin. Today JJ and I are talking about how food intolerances could be causing your weight gain, joint pain, and even age acceleration – yikes! Listen in as she gets you started on crushing your sugar cravings and conquering your food intolerances.
“I believe that we are our own best health detective.” – JJ Virgin
- The symptoms of food intolerance
- Why you should start with an elimination diet
- The toxicity of gluten
- Why unstable blood sugar levels leads to crazy cravings
- The terrible cycle of inflammation and weight gain
- You should add before you take away
- How a taste for sour can help you get rid of a taste for sweet
“Trying to fight hunger and cravings with willpower just never works.” – JJ Virgin
- The moderation myth
- Why craving can mean intolerance
- How empowering it can be to step away from certain foods
- Why you need to weigh yourself daily
- The change starts with what’s at the end of your fork
- The importance of changing your mindset
- Get The Virgin Diet, now in PAPERBACK, and The Virgin Diet Cookbook
- Check out JJ’s other books, The Sugar Impact Diet and The Sugar Impact Diet Cookbook
- Connect with JJ:
“If you do not believe that you’re worth it, that you’re actually great where you are right now, if you aren’t there mentally then you won’t take good care of yourself.” – JJ Virgin